Listing down some tips for getting the statement sofas for your home
Let one furniture make the statement
Let only one piece of furniture make the statement in your home. If you have unique furniture all around then your home might lose its uniqueness and originality. Try to identify the furniture that would make a statement and let it shine. Adding too many statement furniture will not serve the purpose of making a statement.
While revamping your decor take a step back and get a good look at your room. Try to play around with colours and patterns to uplift the room. Try not to add different shades of paints to one room. Have a blue print of your room in your mind. Play around with furniture types, upholstery etc.
Decide the focal point of your room. Do not clutter around the focal point or any corner of the room. Try to keep it simple and structured. But do not be afraid to incorporate your own style in the home – as it is the replica of your personality. Try to colligate two different interior styles. For example, you have a modern interior decor then you can add a vintage sofa to break from the modern design and give vintage feels.
Having a large room? Then your statement furniture should be a sofa. Adding a three seater or four seater sofa for large families in the large room would be better than adding several one seater sofas. A three seater sofa would make a better statement and not be lost in the view of a large room. You can also add unique center tables, chandeliers or stools for an appropriate impact but let the sofa make the statement.
Care needs to be taken for these statement sofas:
- Avoid placing the sofa in direct sunlight or long exposure, as it may lead to fading of the upholstery fabric.
- Cleaning the sofa regularly is a must. If you are going to use a vacuum cleaner, then opt for the sofa brush nozzle to avoid any scratches on the surface.
- Use covers on the sofas for utmost care. Regular usage of a sofa can cause the upholstery like fabrics and leather to stretch. Covers help in minimising the stretching of fabric and hence the sofa upholstery will last long.
- To move the sofa, try to avoid dragging. It may damage the stainless legs of the sofa and also the flooring of the room. Try to pick the sofa and then move it.
- Avoid exposure to water or moisture for a prolonged period.
- Be careful with sharp objects near the sofa as it may cause tears in the upholstery.
- A tip to keep removable back cushions fluffier is to rotate them regularly. This will help in keep the cushions even throughout the sofa and provide proper comfort.
- Use a soft bristled brush to remove any small debris or dirt stuck on your sofa.
- If food or drink spillage occurs on or near your sofa, immediately wipe with a soft cloth avoiding damage to the upholstery. Use a soft cloth to wipe of any stains visible on the sofa.
- Premium fabrics are used to add colour and creativity in the room. These fabrics can easily be damaged with chemical cleaners and stain removers.
Step out of your comfort zone and monotonous design to uplift your personal space with some unique and exciting statement furniture. Do not compromise on comfort and functionality of the sofa. A statement does make a statement but it should also be comfortable and durable.
Every home needs a twist on old furniture or gets a brand new piece that your heart is set out on. Let your statement furniture be your comfort zone, your conversation piece – loved by one and all!
Author Bio: Nivin Pauly is enthusiastic writer and online marketer. He has plenty of knowledge in writing product reviews. He often featured on Iknowthebest.com and his famous article (10 Best Garden Hose 2018 – Expandable & Lightweight Hose Reels Review) helps to understand about his skills.